To be honest, I had a really bad week this week. I got some news that is very upsetting and has me fighting depression. Unfortunately it’s a situation that I can do nothing to change and am just going to have to get through it. One thing I can do to keep the depression at bay is to take pleasure in the little things. So today’s post is just a list of random things that made me a little happy this week.
1. My furbabies always make me happy.
My furry family (+ 1)
See that adorable kitten on the porch? He adopted my porch a couple of weeks ago. He runs every time I come near him but he doesn’t go far. I’m 95% sure that he’s the brother of my little black one, because the mother is a black and white feral cat around here who is always pregnant and no one can catch her. She’s a ninja I swear.
This little black and white cutie hangs out on my porch most of the day. On the corner of my patio is a palm tree and he hangs out in there. He’s adorable even though he’s a little bossy.
2. I hate my apartment, I really do. It’s basically a slum run by greedy slumlords who don’t care about anything but money. However, it is in a great location. It’s right next door to the library, which I love. I’m there just about every day. When you walk in there’s this awesome sculpture:
How cool is that? It’s called “Preparing to Shrug” by the artist Joe Thompson. He’s a sculptor from Georgia who now lives here in Merritt Island, Florida and he makes art out of found objects.
3. Finally got to read the March issue of Cooking Light and it was a good one. So many yummy-looking recipes.
Here are the ones I’m going to try:
Seared Flank Steak with Blue Cheese Polenta
Grilled Scallop Scampi Kebabs with Arugula and Herb Salad
Pork Chops with Balsamic Roasted Vegetables and Gorgonzola
Pasta with Bacon, Shredded Brussels Sprouts, and Lemon Zest
Braised Fennel with Parmesan Breadcrumbs
Buttermilk Mashed Potatoes
5. From my apartment I can see the launches. I’m not sure what this mission is, I just heard the rocket going up and caught this pic from my back porch.
6. I tried Tzatziki for the first time. Yum! Seriously, where has this been all my life? Why did no one ever tell me about this stuff?
7. I got a bike. It’s really ugly and the seat swivels but it’s better than walking everywhere. I’ve always loved summer, but this over 90 degree heat every. single. day. is just about on my last nerve. Bring on fall, already!
8. My hula hoop! I just love my hula hoop. I get in about 10 – 20 minutes of hula hooping just about every day. It’s kind of addicting. You should get one.
9. And last, but not least, this adorable video of this baby getting glasses and seeing clearly for the first time. I am really nearsighted so I totally know that feeling of not being able to see clearly and then getting new glasses and being amazed by the world all over again.
So there you have it, a list of things that got me through this terrible week. What was good about your week?